Saturday 19 July 2014

MOVING OUT

 

After I moved home I stopped blogging... I have now realised that once you stop writing, the harder it is to get back to it. So now I am writing the blog post that I really wanted to write about five months ago now, so I can only apologise for that if you wondered why I have been MIA. 

Moving out of my Mom and Dad's home wasn't easy. I didn't follow the same path as lots of my friends and go to University as I decided it wasn't for me, instead I left college and entered the world of work. So doing the first food shop, buying furniture and watching your hard earned money disappear on bills and washing up liquid (Talk about throwing money down the drain...) Isn't so fun. 

That being said I love having my own home I have my own blogging/dressing room which hasn't been blogged in until now, not sure that is a word but anyway. I love it as it is my little space where I can escape and keep my makeup and pretty things. My dressing table also doubles up as a desk but it works and really enjoy it if you read the post from my bedroom at my Mom and Dad's house you will spot a familiar colour scheme and bits and bobs which you can read HERE.

I love buying trinkets and bits and pieces to make our house a home. I bought a beautiful vase last weekend and I'm always on the look out for lovely home wares that don't break the bank. Our cushions on the sofa were actually from Asda and the three frames that you can see we bought the frames from Wilkinsons and filled them with wallpaper cuttings, so you definitely don't have to spend a fortune to fill your home, it's all about shopping savvy. 

My boyfriend cooks so I definitely can't take credit for the delicious meal that he cooked for us both. I actually took that photo back in April as he cooked it over my birthday weekend which was delicious and we finished it off with a glass of wine, perfection. 

I hope you enjoyed a little peek into my new home (which is not so new now) and I will be back blogging again so keep your eyes peeled for new posts coming soon. 

 
© 2013-2014 Love Icon Fantasy Ego all content and images - Blog Template Main Blogger