Monday 17 February 2014

A LITTLE BIT OF LONDON FASHION WEEK

 

Fashion month is upon us and the second week of the shows is hosted in London. Last week I was stalking instagram to see the latest from New York Fashion Week however I attended day two of LFW to see the SIBLING show so instead of watching the show via instagram I got to see it in person. Going to London Fashion Week has always been a dream of mine and it finally came true. 

The Sibling show was a look back on Joe, Sid and Cozette's teenage years. It included influence from Ireland, their families and the 70's, music had a large part to play as Temple of Love - Sisters of Mercy filled the room. The crafts of crochet, hand knit was combined with sophisticated machine knit to revitalise traditional techniques. 

The team at Sibling spent hundreds of hours working by hand to create intricate and fine textures in the collection and this reflected on the catwalk.The collection was a beautiful array of crochet, long line fair isle dresses embellished with a kaleidoscope of crystals. I loved the Bernstock Speirs for Sibling glitter trimmed hats, they were my favourite accessories in the collection. I love how the collection brings traditional techniques into the now.

I loved my day as it was full of two of my favourite things, fashion and food. I scoffed on a delicious Shroom Burger at Shake Shack in Covent Garden before heading over to Somerset House for the Sibling Show and afterwards we went back to covent garden to drink tea and nibble on Macaroons, what a perfect way to spend the day. 
 
© 2013-2014 Love Icon Fantasy Ego all content and images - Blog Template Main Blogger