Sunday 28 April 2013

PARIS TRAVEL GUIDE

1 LOVELY COMMENTS
 










Paris in five words: Beautiful | Stylish | Elegant | Romantic | Dreamy

Paris was the perfect place to jet off too a week before my birthday to spend my 21st in style. We flew to Paris, next time I think we will get the euro tunnel as even though flying was easy I don't like going through security and to save time at the other end we both took a small hand luggage suitcase each. Which was plenty for the three days however taking more luggage would be nicer as I've always hated the liquid restrictions.

Paris is definitley a great place to go to for a weekend get away. We spent three days there and it was plenty however we did cram a lot in so if you have the luxury of being able to stay there for a week then you can take a more relaxed approach to sight seeing. 



I planned out our trip before we went so I could make sure that we could visit all of the attractions that we wanted to see. It is a good idea to work

Places to Visit: Louvre, Notre Dame, Sacre Coeur, The Arc De Triomphe, Moulin Rouge, Champs Eleseeys, Galleries Lafayette, Au Printemps and Laduree.

I decided that I didn't want to come back to England after visiting Paris and I would love to buy an apartment overlooking the Eiffel Tower. Imagine waking up to it every morning and watching it sparkle and glitter at night, simply perfection. As soon as I got close to the Eiffel Tower I was in awe by it how beautiful and amazing it is. I fell in love with The Eiffel Tower, it is so beautiful especially at night. There is a light show every night and the tower twinkles like a million stars. You don't realise how big it is until you stand close or underneath it, we must all look like tiny little ants to the people stood at the top. 



I even had my own little piece of Paris to take home with me, a beautiful eiffel tower charm from Thomas Sabo from the limited edition diamond collection. It was a beautiful surprise as i'd been looking at charms that day as a souvenir of the trip, it was a perfect 21st present and I wear it every day on my necklace.







Laduree on the Champs Elesseys was one place I had to visit while we were in Paris so I had to try some of their famous delicious macaroons. I chose Rose, caramel and chocolate. The shop is beautiful the ceilings and walls everything about Laduree is enchanting I loved every minute of being in the store apart from the que. Laduree is so popular you have to wait in line to get inside.


I loved Laduree so much that we went back the next day for lunch. We went in for afternoon tea and a cake however we got enticed by the menu and tried the club sandwich which was delicious. I had a white coffee infused with lemon, orange, citrus and petals. It was very floral but delicate and I really enjoyed it. A Chocolate eclair was the perfect way to end to the lunch. I will definitely visit again next time I come to Paris.






After the beautiful lunch at Laduree we took a stroll down the Champs Elesseyes and turned right onto Avenue Montagine. Walking past the striking windows of Prada, Chanel, Dior and various other designers that all have fashion boutiques on the road. I stopped outside Chanel in awe as knowing that Karl Lagerfeld potentially could have been upstairs in his atelier made me a little bit giddy. The windows were very Chanel with mannequins in signature. I couldn't afford to buy anything on Avenue Montagine so we made sure we stopped by the famous department stores in Paris, Galleries Lafayette and Au Printemps.



Galleries Lafayette will leave you speechless. It is the most beautiful department store I have ever been to, the ornate dome roof is the centre piece to the store and it houses the most up to date fashion, make up, accessories and footwear. I could have spent hours in this store if it wasn't for Au Printemps next door. As I walked into Printemps I had to run past the Laduree concession and the jewellery counters to stop me buying anything! I loved the Marc by Marc Jacobs pop up shop and the mannequins. They screamed out summer, brights florals and a sports esque edge was added to the outfit with the graphic jumper and bright high tops.




The Louvre was a complete must on our trip, the whole building is a piece of art by itself. It was a beautiful day when we visited the Louvre. We got the metro to Concorde and it brought us out to the bottom of the jardin des tulleries to place de la concorde which was beautiful it is essentially a roundabout at the bottom of the champs elesseys. We walked to the Louvre through the Jardin des tulleries which is a beautiful garden leading up to the Louvre.

When we finally got to the Louvre it was amazing to see the old building against the glass pyramid. Before we left on the Louvre website I found out that there is three entrances The Pyramid and two side entrances on the main building. The pyramid is the busiest one so it advised to use one of the side entrances, on the day we visited there was a big que at the pyramid so we used the side entrance and it was great. There was no que at all and I got in with a discounted fee because I am under 25. The art in the Louvre was beautiful, you can spend hours in there admiring all of the beautiful pieces and statues.





After we left the Louvre we were hungry, on the way in we had seen le cafe marly so we decided that we would eat there and I am very glad that we did because I would love to eat lunch at le cafe marly every day. It overlooks the louvre and what a view when you are eating from this fabulous restaurant. We eat outside on the terrace which was perfect. I had a quinoa salad and it was delicious, it came in a stacked upside down bucket shape and even looking at it I knew I was in for a treat! It was scrumptious.


After we visited the Louvre we walked down the Champs Eleseeys to see the Arc de triomphe was amazing, the cars just drove everywhere and it was crazy. The Arc its self was beautiful and so detailed so I don't blame Audrey Hepburn for saying Paris is always a good idea, because she is totally right! I can't wait to go back I loved every second, but next time I definitely need to go up the Eiffel Tower and find some way to avoid the monster queues.

1 comment :

  1. I am really delighted to glance at this blog posts which contains plenty of helpful information, thanks for providing these
    kinds of information.

    Visit my web page - Call Of Duty Ghosts Hacks

    ReplyDelete

 
© 2013-2014 Love Icon Fantasy Ego all content and images - Blog Template Main Blogger